This section describes how to set up and use OpenAirInterface
with the CBMIMO1 cards.
Make sure all the modules are compiled as described in OpenAirRTCompilation
Power up card, insert card in adaptor (if applicable), insert card in PC, power up PC ( the card has to be plugged in when system boots when PCI express adapter is used
Change to directory $OPENAIR_TARGETS/RTAI/LAUNCH_SCRIPTS. There you will find scripts to start the card as eNB or UE (start_eNb_modex.sh and start_UE.sh).
Scripts to start the NAS networking driver are also located in LAUNCH_SCRIPTS. See nas_ue.sh and nas_enb.sh.
To stop the card, use stop_rf.sh.
Physical layer only
1) power up card, insert card
2) change to directory openair1, load kernel modules with "make install_cbmimo1_softmodem"
3) change to directory USERSPACE_TOOLS/OPENAIR_RF
4) configure card using "./openair_rf_cbmimo1 1 0"
5) set transmit gains using "source txgains.sh" and "./openair_rf_cbmimo1 1 6 $CBMIMO1_xxx_dBm", where xxx is the transmit power in dBm ranging from -20 to 20 in steps of 5 dBm
6) start the card using "./openair_rf_cbmimo1 1 1 1 0" (clusterhead/basestation) "./openair_rf_cbmimo1 1 3 1 8" (node/user terminal)
7) stop the card using "./openair_rf_cbmimo1 1 4 1"
Phy and link layer
Same steps as above, but install modules using "make install_cbmimo1_l2"
Single cell network
Example scripts are located in the openair3 repository in EXAMPLES/MONO_CH_200810_RF/. You should start the script as user with sudo rights (see /etc/sudoers). Make sure that the environment variables $OPENAIR1_DIR, $OPENAIR2_DIR, and $OPENAIR3_DIR are set to the right locations.
Example scripts are located in the openair3 repository in EXAMPLES/CONSEIL_SCIENTIFIQUE_DEMO/. You should start the script as user with sudo rights (see /etc/sudoers). Make sure that the environment variables $OPENAIR1_DIR, $OPENAIR2_DIR, and $OPENAIR3_DIR are set to the right locations.
- 04 Nov 2009