.org software requires Intel architecture based PCs for the eNB or UE targets. This requirement is due to optimized DSP functions which make heavy use of integer SIMD instructions (SSE, SSE2, SSS3, and SSE4). The software has currently been tested on the following processor families:
- Generation 3 Intel Core i5,i7
- Generation 2 Intel Xeon
- Intel Atom Rangely
- Generation 4 Intel Core i5,i7 (under test). No support for AVX2 yet, but this will come soon.
-CN EPC component should work on any 64 bits Linux machine.
Specific hardware and operating-system constraints are required for real-time operation using various hardware targets. Currently these targets/constraints are:
- EURECOM's ExpressMIMO2 PCIe card requiring a PC with a free 8/16-way PCIe slot. With an appropriate adaptor the card can function in a 1-way PCIe slot or ExpressCard slot in a laptop.
- NI/Ettus USRP B200/B210 USB3 radio card requring a PC with a free USB3 port. Please verify here that you do not use an incompatible USB chipset.
- Ethernet transport (IQ samples over ethernet) requires a PC with a fast ethernet port (10G or more, under development).
UE/Sim Card Requirements
Sim Card and UE Information regarding working configurations is located here, https://twiki.eurecom.fr/twiki/bin/view/OpenAirInterface/SimCardConfig
Supported RF (USRP)
1. USRP B210 http://www.ettus.com/product/details/UB210-KIT
2. USRP X310 http://www.ettus.com/product/details/X310-KIT
The following list of duplexers are known to work within the OAI community.
Duplexer model for Band 7 (2600 MHz),
Manufacture: BL Microwave
The detailed specs can be found here