User-Space PHY Simulation
The are three example PHY simulations in the directory SIMULATIONS/PHY. The three are Monte-Carlo simulations of basic OpenAirInterface
Coding and Modulation functions using a broadband MIMO channel simulator. Each directory contains a Makefile whose default rule builds the target. There is also a rule clean
which removes the executables and compiled OpenAirInterface
object files. The make file takes the two options DEBUGPHY=1 and DUALSTREAM=1. In the first case, debug information is printed on the screen and several Matlab/Octave files are generated that can be examined in Matlab/Octave. The second option invokes the dual stream receiver instead of the single stream receiver.
The CHBCH simulation is invoked as:
chbch_sim sig_energy noise_energy nb_tti nb_tx_antennas nb_rx_antennas nb_errors ricean_factor phase_offset frequency_offset ic_flag sig2_energy
- sig_energy is the average received signal energy in dB (20-50)
- noise_energy is the average received noise energy in dB (10-40)
- nb_tti is the minimum number of TTIs over which to run the simulation
- nb_tx_antennas is the number of transmitter antennas (1-4)
- nb_rx_antennas is the number of receiver antennas (1-4)
- nb_errors is the minimum number of errors to measure. If nb_errors and nb_tti are one, then only one TTI is simulated. This is typically used with the DEBUG_PHY directive set to output intermediate signal files to OCTAVE/MATLAB compatible files
- ricean_factor is the ratio of signal energy in the deterministic path with respect to the diffuse components (0 - 60)
- phase_offset is the phase offset fraction of 2*PI (1-32) between antenna elements for the deterministic path
- frequency_offset is the RF frequency offset
- icflag Type of IC receiver (0-MMSE, 1-ML. Only used for dual stream simulations.
- sig2_energy Signal strength of second stream (optional). Only used for dual stream simulations.
for example, ./chbch_sim 45 30 1 2 2 1 0 2 0 0 would run the simulation for an SNRof 45-30=15dB for 1 frame for a 2x2 system with a rice factor of 0 and no phase or frequency offset.
At the end of the simulation a file with simulations results is created. The filename has the syntax results_rxicflag
are invoked similarly.
- 18 Dec 2007