- OpenAirInterface is present at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Visit us with Lime MicroSystems here: Lime Microsystems at MWC 2015, Hall 7 – 7O36MR & 7O37MR. Moreover, China Mobile will be demoing OAI on one of their CloudRAN proof-of-concept demonstrators.
- First OAI developer call on 6th March: DeveloperCallMarch2015
April 2014 :
- Participation at the ETSI workshop on reconfigurable radio systems in Sophia Antipolis. See here for a short video.
- Come to see and meet us in the CELTIC Event, Monaco, the 23-24 th of April. We'll be in the SPECTRA stand
- A successful call using OAI with USRP B210 at 20MHz BW in FDD mode Agilent China (Hong-liang XU) made a successful call at 20MHz BW using OAI LTE protocol stack. The USRP B210(https://www.ettus.com/product/details/UB210-KIT) RF board is used as RF frontend, which use USB3.0 interface to streaming IQ data between PC and RF board.
- OpenAirInterface is looking for industrial patners for collaborative projects in the context of H2020. The next calls are:
- A new version of the SW stack has been released, which includes now :
- the USRP 2 USRP as a possible hardware target
- the possibility to set up a connexion with a commercial UE (Huawei E392U-12), FDD mode, using our own EPC (Enhanced Packet Core).
- OpenAirInterface has started discussion with http://myriadrf.org/ in order to join their partnership programme
- Congratulations to our friends of Agilent China (Hong-liang XU, Xinyu (Bruce) MA, Chunhong Zhan, ...). They have used OAI platform as a Base station and set up a connexion with a commercial UE (Huawei E392U-12). Both TDD and FDD modes are now functional ! They are using used MME from third party.
September 2013: Congratulations to our friends of Orange China, Beijing. Lin Huang and his team have connected OpenAirInterface code on a USRP platform, in real-time, running at 6.25 MS/s. This achievement illustrates the validity of our Software Defined Radio approach in OAI since the code has been ported successfully on a totally different hardware target ! To the best of our knowledge, it is a World first.
September 2013: Congratulations to our friends of Agilent China (Hong-liang XU, Xinyu (Bruce) MA, Chunhong Zhan, ...). They have used OAI platform as a Base station and set up a connexion with a commercial UE (Huawei E392U-12, FDD mode) ! Now the attach process has successes and the UE can get IP address. The work performed shows that our platform is mature enough for industrial applications/deployment.
July 2013: several FP7 projects around the OpenAirInterface have been accepted by EC. Among them, SOLDER.The main objective of this project is to provide a new spectrum overlay technology, which will provide the efficient aggregation of non-continuous dispersed spectrum bands licensed to HetNets and h-RATs. To this end, we will leverage existing carrier aggregation techniques, which are considered as the baseline of the SOLDER, and we will design a novel technology that will coordinate the aggregated bands from 3G, IEEE 802.11 and ISM bands appeared from low MHz to high GHz.
May 2013. Beginning of the commercialization of ExpressMIMO2 (currently 20 boards). Our first customers are:
- Telecom Paris Tech
- Agilent (China)
- University of Brest (UBO)
- IFSSTAR (The French Institute of Science and Technology for Transport, Development and Networks)
- Thalès Communications and Security
- King’s College (London).
On a regular basis, we organize seminars on LTE-LTEA : LTESeminarSeries
Past Events :
- 20 Feb 2012