software can be obtained from our svn/git server. You will need an svn or git client to get the sources. The repository is currently used for main developments.
You need to install the subversion/git using the following commands
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install subversion git
Using Gitlab to checkout trunk
We are transitioning our code towards git for better coordination amongst developers and OAI community in general. In order to ensure smooth transition from SVN-Git, we have adopted a "transition period" of 1 month where Git repository (based on clone of SVN trunk) will be accessible read-only and there will be periodic SVN synchronization that will be carried out to Git repository. Currently, this "transition period" is set to approx 1 month. After the "transition period", we will make SVN repository read-only and all the development will be carried out in Git repository.
Note that git repository does not contain any branches/tags from SVN. Only http://svn.eurecom.fr/openair4G/trunk is migrated from r4000 to Git to reduce the size of the repository.
Configure git with your name/email address (only important if you are developer and want to checkin code to Git)
git config --global user.name "Your Name"
git config --global user.email "Your email address"
Add a certificate from gitlab.eurecom.fr to your Ubuntu 14.04 installation (you need to be root user)
echo -n | openssl s_client -showcerts -connect gitlab.eurecom.fr:443 2>/dev/null | sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' >> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
In order to checkout the Git repository (for OAI Users without login to gitlab server)
git clone https://gitlab.eurecom.fr/oai/openairinterface5g.git
In order to checkout the Git repository (for OAI Developers/admins with login to gitlab server)
Please send email to email@example.com
to be added to the repository as a developer (only important for users who want to commit code to the repository). If you do not have account on gitlab.eurecom.fr, please register yourself to gitlab.eurecom.fr.
- Checkout with using ssh keys:
- You will need to put your ssh keys in https://gitlab.eurecom.fr/profile/keys to access to the git repo. Once that is done, checkout the git repository using:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:oai/openairinterface5g.git
- Checkout with user name/password prompt:
Using SVN to checkout releases
It can be accessed in read-only mode from the URLhttp://svn.eurecom.fr/openair4G
. If you have full access to our SVN you should use the URL URLhttp://svn.eurecom.fr/openairsvn/openair4G
The repository contains the standard SVN directories releases, trunk, tags and branches.
for more information. Check out the most recent release (they are dated) as follows
Release 0 (28.8.2014)
svn co http://svn.eurecom.fr/openair4G/releases/rel_28.08.2014
Release 0.1 (26.10.2014)
svn co http://svn.eurecom.fr/openair4G/releases/rel_0.1_26.10.2014
or a more recent release.
You should now have the following directories
- openair1: Rel-8 PHY layer + PHY RF simulation
- openair2: Rel-9 RLC/MAC/PDCP and two RRC implementations.It also includes eNB application, X2AP, and OAI network driver. Note that for RLC, the following versions are user: UM_v9.3.0, TM_v9.3.0, and AM_v9.3.0. For PDCP, PDCP_v10.1.0 is used. For RRC, only LITE is used.This directory also includes som tools in UTILS dir.
- openair-cn: The Enhanced Packet Core functions (HSS,MME,S/P-GW,NAS)
- common: some common OAI utilities, other tools can be found at openair2/UTILS
- openairITS: 802.11 MODEMS (no guarantees regarding functionality, )
- openair3: networking protocols such as PMIP, DMM, MIH, and Multicasting and some networking scripts (still under construction)
- targets: scripts to compile and lauch different system targets (simulation, emulation and real-time platforms)
- cmake_ targets: The main entry point of OAI cmake build system
The trunk contains an ongoing development version which may not be stable at any given time. It can be checked out with Read-Only access as above using
svn co http://svn.eurecom.fr/openair4G/trunk openair4G